Somehow it just keeps happening. Despite promising, year after year, that next year will be the year you remember Father’s Day well in-advance, you just can’t make it happen. All the planners and calendar apps in the world don’t seem to be able to save you, and come that fateful June Saturday each year, you find yourself running around like a chicken with its head cut off, scrambling to get Dad at least a halfway decent gift.
If there’s a silver lining in this mess, it’s good old fashioned hilarity. Maybe, this Father’s Day, you and your father can sit back, crack open a cold one, and share a laugh over some of your hilarious attempts at fatherly gift giving.
So without further ado, from the BROmance offices in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, we proudly present, the Top Ten Last Minute Father’s Day Gifts:
10) Picture of tie with ties on it
9) Filled the car three quarters on the way up with gas
8) New “Pine Tar Flavored” scotch.
7) Frozen Turkey from Loblaw’s--because nothing says, “I love you, Dad” like having him cook a meal in two days’ time.
6) Tickets to the Toronto Maple Leafs...Farm Team...playing an exhibition game.
5) Already had Grandma’s birthday gift picked up, so repurposed it for dad: Hope he likes sewing kits and “Matlock” on DVD!
4) World’s best “frather” mug on special clearance.
3) Pre-stained his white running shoes green so he was ready to look upon the freshly mowed lawn the way only Dad can.
2) 20%-off Coupon from “Bob’s Discount Pool Tables”
1) The gift of skincare from BROmance--because after all, Dad deserves to look great.